Buon Natale! Still not sure what to get that Italy loving member of your famiglia? Here are a few of our ideas- feel free to comment if you have others to add, as well!
1) Looking for a gift to impress your Italian-American amici? Tickets to an Italian (or Italian-American) performance are a great way to gift a memorable experience.
- The MetOpera in New York City is showing several of Giuseppe Verdi’s famous operas through 2013.
- Vincenzo Bellini’s tragedy Norma takes the stage at Washington, DC’s Kennedy Center in February.
And we can’t forget about our favorite Italian tenor:
Tickets are still available for Tony Bennett’s February 14 performance at the Boston Opera.
2) Shopping for an Italian wine lover? Get a bottle of Order Sons of Italy’s signature wine Leone d’ Oro. Gift sets and bottles now available from Vinport. Our Vino Nobile di Montepulciano received 92 points from Wine Spector magazine and was ranked #49 on Wine Spectator’s Top 100 Wines of 2012 list.
3) Clothing made in Italy is always a trendy purchase for the fashion-savvy person in your life. Here are a few authentic “made in Italy” brands that can be purchased throughout the United States.
4) For the food lover on your list, order a copy of the official OSIA Cookbook. Ten-percent discount and free shipping until the end of the year! Want a sneak peek first? Check out this featured recipe for Fried Baccala from Rosella Rago of “Cooking with Nonna.”
5) And for the lazy food lover, purchase a gift certificate to the most authentic Italian restaurant in town. To find one near you, see the Zagat and USA TODAY Road Warriors’ list of the top Italian restaurants in the United States.
Still need a gift for that Italian-American sports fanatic? Why not get them a trip to the Super Bowl?
There’s LESS THAN 24 HOURS LEFT to donate $10 to support the Sons of Italy Foundation and be entered to win a round-trip package for TWO to Super Bowl XLVII in New Orleans. The package is transferable and would make for an unforgettable gift this Christmas!
Written by OSIA National Office Staff Assistant, Carol Cummings.